Friday, April 23, 2010

Chicks

Well, I have lost my mind.  Or I guess you can say it was a "weak" moment.  But our family has grown.  We now have two chicks (Micky and Minnie).  They are from Farm Friends.  Our dear neighbor was going to get her daughter some last night and wanted to know if OG wanted any.  I first said we would take a duck because we could put it out in Mimi and Papaw's pond, but they had already taken them home.  So we ended up with 2 chicks instead.  So Brent made a trip to Wal-Mart late last night for a heat lamp.  I really didn't think they would make it through the night , but they DID!!  So now, what do you do with chicks? Yes, they are cute now, but they get larger and they poop.  We don't really have a plan with what we will do with them when they outgrow their plastic tub. I know for sure I don't want them for their eggs or for friend chicken!! I guess for the mean time OG is excited about them!!   

No comments: