Thursday, March 27, 2008




Olivia Grace has a pet or should I say pets! She got her ants in the mail today. There is a little story that goes along with the ants. The instructions were to put the ants in the frig for 15 minutes. This was to "slow" them

down, so that you can put them in their ant farm more easily. So we did and they were a little sluggish when we got them out. Well, the nice Mommy I am, let OG put the ants in their farm. Well as soon as she started to pour them in, they woke up. Ants went everywhere! OG was crying saying that they bit her. I was trying to save as many ants as I could. Well sure enough, OG got bit/stung and I didn't save all the ants. We still have plenty of ants, but we don't have as many as we started with. Olivia Grace may not forget what the ants did to her either. We will see if these make great 1st pets!!

5 comments:

Angela said...

OH MY GOSH!! That is a terrifying story. I probably would have run screaming from the room leaving my child at the mercy of stinging ants!! You are brave to even order them!!

Silverspiffy's Divine Designs said...

Meme and PaPaw may be banned from buying "live" gifts!

Nitzia said...

wow! i never thought of having ants as pets... you were really brave to give them a try! I hope OG still likes them after her bad experience. She is so cute and is getting to be a really big girl!

Stephanie said...

You are a brave mama!!!

Kristina--Therapy Tree said...

Oh my gosh, that is funny and scary all at the same time! Well my child, 21 months, just came into the room looking like she was headed to a Pow Wow....COVERED in lipstick, like no flesh showing on her face..i will have to get your email from kristen again so i can send you a picture.